Class: First-Time Homebuyer Education
Location: Housing Assistance Corporation, 460 West Main St. Hyannis, MA
Description: We strongly encourage people taking the first-time homebuyer workshop to have a credit score of 620 or higher and have money saved for down payment and closing costs. The certificate of completion is valid for 12 months. Our goal is to help people take the course who are ready to move into the home buying process as quickly and as successfully as possible.
The majority of classes consist of 3 sessions (three hours each) spread out over the course of one month. In some cases, we condense those into 2 sessions that consists of one weeknight class (6-9 pm) and then a full-day class on Saturday (9 am-5 pm).
2018 WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
- September 6, 13, 20 (Thursdays, 6-9 pm) - CLOSED
- Tuesday, October 9 (6-9 pm) and Saturday, October 13 (9 am-5 pm)
- November 6, 13, 15 (Tuesdays and Thursday, 6-9 pm)
Course Fee is $100 (covers up to 2 people in a household).
PLEASE NOTE: In order to register for a class, you must:
- Download the registration form, fill it out and submit it to HAC along with the fee for the class.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail a couple of weeks prior to the class that you have signed up. There is no online registration.