Cape Community Housing Partnership
A Community-based Initiative for Cape Cod
Cape Housing Institute & Advocacy Training
A Community-Based Initiative for Cape Cod
The Lack of Affordable Housing on Cape Cod is a Community Problem.
It Needs a Community Solution.
The Cape Housing Institute & Advocacy Training started in 2017 as a partnership between Housing Assistance Corporation (HAC) and Community Development Partnership (CDP) to help Cape Cod towns solve the affordable housing crisis by giving municipal officials, residents, business leaders and community leaders the tools to solve the economic crisis caused by a lack of affordable housing.
The Three-Part Strategy:
- Cape Housing Institute - Upcoming sessions in October and November 2018 (REGISTER BELOW)
- Advocacy Training
- Public Education
The Cape Housing Institute
Free Training for Elected & Appointed Municipal Leaders & Town Staff
The next session of the Cape Housing Institute has been scheduled for October and November 2018. Workshops will be held on Wednesdays and Thursdays for six weeks over those two months with sessions taking place on Wednesdays and Thursdays starting on Wednesday, October 3, 2018 and running through Thursday, November 8, 2018.
Interested in attending classes in the Upper Cape or Mid-Cape? Sign Up Below.
Sessions will take place on:
- Mid-Cape (Thursdays, October 4, 11, 18, 25, November 1, 8, 1-3:30 pm, Cape & Islands Association of Realtors, 22 Mid-Tech Drive, West Yarmouth, MA 02673)
- Upper Cape (Thursdays, October 4, 11, 18, 25, November 1, 8, 6-8:30 pm, Mashpee Public Library, 64 Steeple Street, Mashpee, MA 02649)
- Lower Cape (Wednesdays, October 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, November 7, 1-3:30 pm, Harwich Cultural Center, 204 Sisson Road, Harwich, MA 02645) - Run by CDP (click here)
- Outer Cape (Wednesdays, October 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, November 7, 6-8:30 pm, Eastham Public Library, 190 Samoset Road, Eastham, MA 02642) - Run by CDP (click here)
If you're an elected or appointed municipal official or town housing or planning staff, fill out the form below to register. We will keep you updated on the dates, times, and locations for the upcoming sessions.
From tips for completing a Housing Production Plan to Financing 101 to Fair Housing Regulations, the Cape Housing Institute gives local municipal leaders the tools to help solve the crisis caused by the lack of affordable housing on Cape Cod.
The Cape Housing Institute is being made possible by the following sponsors:
- Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank Charitable Foundation Trust
- Cape Cod Foundation
- Shepley Wood Products
HAC and CDP held the inaugural session of the Cape Housing Institute in the fall of 2017 with over 140 municipal officials in attendance.
Register for the Cape Housing Institute
Learn How To Advocate for Cape Cod's Housing Needs
This past February, HAC and CDP offered Advocacy Training as part of the Cape Community Housing Partnership Initiative. The training helped community members learn how to speak up in support of affordable housing that is needed so that the Cape's workforce and others can afford to live here.
Sign up below for updates on upcoming Advocacy Training which will teach you how to:
- Learn How You Can Make a Difference.
- Train in Leadership, Organizing & Public Speaking.
- Upcoming Advocacy Training Sessions
Please Note: The form below is only to stay updated about Advocacy Training. We anticipate the next session of Advocacy Training will not take place until next winter.
Sign Up For Updates About Cape Housing Advocacy Training
CAPE COMMUNITY HOUSING PARTNERSHIP SPONSORS
The Cape Community Housing Partnership is made possible through the generosity of the following sponsors
For questions about the Community Housing Partnership, including the Cape Housing Institute and Advocacy Training, contact Sandy Horvitz at HAC at 508-771-5400 ext. 286 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrea Aldana at CDP at 508-240-7873, ext. 10 or email@example.com.