When Housing Assistance Corporation (HAC) was founded over 40 years ago, we never imagined the Cape would be the place it is today. We’ve still got our beautiful seashores and quaint village centers, but we also have development sprawl and social challenges that we never envisioned. Even so, most of us consider ourselves lucky for the opportunity to live, learn, work, and grow here.
HAC is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit and offers a continuum of housing programs that evolve with the changing needs of the community. HAC educates, trains and counsels with HAC’s consumer education department; weatherizes and conducts energy rehabs for low-income and market-rate properties; develops affordable housing for seniors, families and individuals; and provides an opportunity to become a homeowner with a full-service nonprofit real estate office.
HAC also provides emergency shelter and homelessness prevention assistance for individuals and families; administration of the largest housing subsidy program in our region; and family self sufficiency and employment services.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about HAC. We encourage you to help us create a community where everyone has a safe, stable and decent place to live.
A strong, healthy and diverse community where everyone has a safe, stable, decent place to live.
Our Mission is two-fold:
- To deliver housing and services that meet the needs of the community and minimize our impact on natural resources
- To engage in responsible economic development that generates jobs, stabilizes housing and strengthens the community
- Be compassionate and respectful
- Empower people to make informed choices and to be responsible for their own actions
- Be conscientious stewards of our resources
- Encourage and value cooperative efforts at work and in the community
- Practice truthfulness