I'm a Big Fix Team Leader
9th Annual Big Fix in Harwich
Saturday, September 22, 2018
The Team Leader is the engine and motivator of a Big Fix team! Your job is to utilize FirstGiving to set a fundraising goal, recruit a team, give them the tools they need to be successful, and cheer them on! Click this link or the button above to sign up to be a Big Fix Team Leader.
As Team Leader, you will:
- Set up your individual and team fundraising page on FirstGiving. This is critical to the success of Team Leaders. FirstGiving lets your supporters donate directly and securely by credit card, and makes electronic asks (email and social media) easy.
- Create a Team name.
- Set goals for fundraising and the number of team members (both Fundraisers and Hands-on Volunteers; see “Recruiting Team Members” for the specifics on what these volunteers do).
- Make a personal donation on your fundraising page. It’s important that your own donation is the first one on your page!
- Prepare a pitch* about why it’s important to support HAC and the Big Fix.
- Recruit a team* of 6-10+ people, and make sure they join the FirstGiving page you created.
- Give your team tools and language to help them raise awareness and dollars. Your Team Leader Tool-kit has helpful tips, letters, and client stories.
- Rally your team* with enthusiasm and regular communication.
- Recognize team members when they reach incremental goals. Anyone raising $250 or more will be recognized at the event as a Big Fix Champion!
- Thank everyone for their time and commitment!
*All of these documents can be found in your Fundraiser Tool-kit. Here you will find support materials helpful towards your work as a Team Leader! If you have other questions, contact Volunteer Coordinator Mary Everett at volunteer@HAConCapeCod.org, or 508-771-5400, ext. 279.
The deadline for Team Leaders, Fundraisers, and Hands-on Volunteers is Friday, Sept. 7, 2018.